EULA kit

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.

flecx

Niet Verified
3 apr 2014
Location unknown
Hallo ik had een vraag over de nieuwe EULA die mojang gaat invoeren rond 1 Augustus een van deze verandere dingen is dat je geen gameplay features mag verkopen. Dus ik vroeg me dus af wat gebeurt er nu met de donator kits van kitpvp survival en andere features

-flecx

remymine

Owner
Staff member
remymine
remymine ✔
Owner
17 sep 2013
Rotterdam
hauntedmc.nl
Die mogen gewoon blijven na 1 augustus, alleen mogen we ze niet meer verkopen.

kennethvan

Supreme
MonstahEnergy4Me
MonstahEnergy4Me ✔
Supreme
8 okt 2013
wingene
wat mag je dan wel nog verkopen of mag je helemaal niks verkopen anders word het moeilijk voor alle servers ?

remymine

Owner
Staff member
remymine
remymine ✔
Owner
17 sep 2013
Rotterdam
hauntedmc.nl
Nouja, we gaan kijken wat de andere servers doen op 1 augustus, als iedereen het gewoon negeert, tja dan doen wij dat ook he.

flecx

Niet Verified
3 apr 2014
Location unknown
remy bedankt voor het antwoorden maar ik denk persoonlijk nietdat de andere servers het zulleb negeren (behalve een paar uizonderingen)maar grotere netwerken zoals shotbow kondigen nu al aan dat ze geen exp (hun curency) meer verkopen maar wat gebeurt er met de nieuwe donators? want die na 1 aug het zullen kopen hebben dus geen donator kits enz meer hebben?

-flecx

X

xEvilCraftx

Ik weet niet of je beetje engels kan, maar hier is de officiële Mojang post.

flecx zei:
want die na 1 aug het zullen kopen hebben dus geen donator kits enz meer hebben?
De antwoorden zijn in het groen gemarkeerd.

Are any servers exempt to the EULA?
No. It affects all servers and players equally.

Do server hosts have a grace period to implement changes to their servers?
Yes. All servers must comply with the EULA by August 1st, 2014.

Can I charge for access to my server?
Yes. How players join a server is up to you. Single entrance fees or subscriptions are both allowed.

How often am I allowed to charge players to access my server?
You can charge players as regularly as you like. You can even charge for timed access if you think it’s the best way to monetise your server.

What counts as a server? Are proxies one big server, or lots of smaller ones?
A server is something a user connects to with their client. The user is on a different server when they leave one and manually join another (in the multiplayer screen). Virtual servers and proxies make no difference; to the client it’s the same server.

Can I charge access to a specific part of my server, such as a minigame or world?
No, you cannot charge for any part of a server. Only the access. Once on a server, all players must have the same gameplay privileges. You may make a different server which features “premium” areas, and charge for access to that server instead, but the benefits cannot carry between servers.

So can I charge for my minigames or mods?
Yes, so long as all players on your server have access to the features.

Can I offer a limited trial period for all users?
Yes. So long as both trial and paying users have access to the same gameplay features during the trial, we’re cool with it.

Can I give paying users priority access to my server?
Yes, but you cannot restrict gameplay elements to specific users.

Does the EULA still apply for access to user-created mods?
Yes. It doesn’t make a difference who made the mods, or how they were implemented onto your server. All mods require Minecraft to run. You are not allowed to charge for Minecraft features which affect gameplay.

What do you mean by “hard currency” compared to “soft currency”?
Hard currency is real money or anything that can be converted into real money, including Bitcoins. Soft currency is available in-game only, and has no real-world value. The restrictions in the EULA only apply to hard currency; you may unlock things in-game with soft currency.

Can I sell “kits” for hard currency if I provide a balanced alternative for non-paying users?
If the “kits” contain gameplay-affecting features they are not allowed. Gameplay balance is not relevant to the EULA. If the items included in the kit are purely cosmetic, you can charge real money/hard currency.

My server features a currency that you can earn through gameplay, but which can also be bought for hard currency. Is that OK?
Soft currencies that are earned in-game are fine, but you cannot sell in-game currency for hard currency. Hybrid/dual currency systems are not allowed.

Can I sell boosters, which provide faster gold gain, XP, or other in-game resources for hard currency?
No – boosters, item generators, and all other features that affect gameplay are not allowed.

So how do I make real money from selling cosmetic items?
You can sell cosmetic items for hard currency directly or allow players to fund an “account” specific to your server. It’s up to the host of the server to decide how this works. Remember that capes are the exception to this rule – you are not allowed to give them away or sell them.

Can I sell ranks on my server?
Yes. Ranks are allowed so long as any perks gained are cosmetic. Coloured names, prefixes, special hats etc. are fine.

Can users purchase something that affects the entire server, such as a temporary XP boost?
Yes, but everyone who can access the server must be able to use the feature, regardless of whether they purchased it or not.

Can I award all players with a gameplay feature if I reach a donation goal within a time period?
Yes, so long as all players receive the benefit regardless of who donated then it’s OK.

Can I charge for access to server commands?
Yes, as long as their effects are purely cosmetic. Commands that affect gameplay, such as a command to fly, cannot be sold for hard currency.

If all players get access to a feature such as a plot of land, can I sell access to multiple plots for hard currency?
No – that would be a gameplay affecting change, so it’s not allowed. All player who access your server must have the same gameplay features offered to them. The same rule applies to items, such as potions.

How should servers deal with users who have already spent hard currency on features that affect gameplay?
Users may keep the perks they’ve paid for on the condition that the same perks are available to other players on the server (directly or purchasable using soft currency). It’s up to the server host to decide how to compensate users for previous transactions.

remymine

Owner
Staff member
remymine
remymine ✔
Owner
17 sep 2013
Rotterdam
hauntedmc.nl
flecx zei:
remy bedankt voor het antwoorden maar ik denk persoonlijk nietdat de andere servers het zulleb negeren (behalve een paar uizonderingen)maar grotere netwerken zoals shotbow kondigen nu al aan dat ze geen exp (hun curency) meer verkopen maar wat gebeurt er met de nieuwe donators? want die na 1 aug het zullen kopen hebben dus geen donator kits enz meer hebben?
-flecx
Ik denk persoonlijk dat de kans wel redelijk groot is, maar toch maken veranderen we de winkel voor de zekerheid. Op dit moment is het ook al verboden om spullen te verkopen, maar iedereen doet het toch. Heb al van andere server admins gehoord dat zij of meedoen met de actie tegen de eula, of die hele eula gewoon negeren net als nu gebeurt.
Wanneer de meerderheid dat laatste doet, tja doen we gezellig mee. En anders is er niets aan de hand, want we hebben een plan B :P

flecx

Niet Verified
3 apr 2014
Location unknown
oke bedankt voor het antwoorden en we zullen wel zien of mojang terugkrabbelt (of niet hoop van wel)

flecx

kennethvan

Supreme
MonstahEnergy4Me
MonstahEnergy4Me ✔
Supreme
8 okt 2013
wingene
mojang wil gewoon dat iedereen minecraft realms of zo koopt

remymine

Owner
Staff member
remymine
remymine ✔
Owner
17 sep 2013
Rotterdam
hauntedmc.nl
flecx zei:
maar wat is plan B? :P
-flecx

nieuwsgierig sinds 1999!
Dat bewaren we voor 1 augustus :P Anders zeg ik nu dingen die straks bijvoorbeeld helemaal niet nodig blijken te zijn :)

Doc_Brano

Niet Verified
15 dec 2013
hutje op de hei :)
Als ik het goed lees kan je dus wel hardcoin betalen voor softcoin, daar dit ook zonder donatie te krijgen is. Softcoin mag je vervolgens vragen voor extra game features. Dus de extra's kan je zonder donatie ook krijgen, al moet je dan lang spelen voor voldoende softcoins.

ZIe ik dat goed?

remymine

Owner
Staff member
remymine
remymine ✔
Owner
17 sep 2013
Rotterdam
hauntedmc.nl
Dus stel we zetten alle donatie features te koop van 10 miljoen tokens (haalt niemand), zou het dan wel mogen, want iedereen zou in theorie de mogelijkheid hebben op alle gameplay.

Reactions: flecx

flecx

Niet Verified
3 apr 2014
Location unknown
volgens mij mag je geen soft currency verkopen voor hard currency maar je zal wel volgens mij donating kunnen gebruiken als een shortcut naar de ranks dus god 10000000000000000 tokens niemand haalt het idd maar ja je kan het krijgen ZONDER te donaten dus geen pay2win xD

-flecx

Fire and Blood -Targaryen

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.